Character ~ Scholarship ~ Leadership ~ Service ~ Citizenship
The Madison Middle School Honor Society (MMSHS) is a nationally recognized organization that celebrates middle school students in grades 6 – 8 who have displayed outstanding academic and community achievements. This organization serves to honor students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Chapter membership is not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
For students to be eligible for membership at MMS, they must first and foremost maintain the standards of scholarship, leadership, service, character, and citizenship.
- A student must be enrolled at least three consecutive nine weeks prior to being considered for membership.
- All members must work diligently to maintain a 3.5 GPA each grading period.
- Members of the MMSHS are to be positive role models for their peers in the classrooms.
- A member is actively engaged in their classrooms and are eager to participate in classroom activities.
- MMSHS members are always the first to volunteer to help administrators, teachers, office staff, cooks, and custodians with tasks around the school.
- Members must not receive more than three lunchtime detentions per academic year.
- There should be no academic dishonest disciplinary action for any member.
- There cannot be any juvenile (state/county) petitions on file for a student associated with MMSHS.
Gloria Huff & Tiffany Mounts
2019 – 2020 Chapter Officers
President: Lyric Speer
Vice-Presidents: Cambri Barker
Secretary/Treasurer: Josie Barker
Historian: Jolene Huff
Service & Citizenship
- All members must acquire a minimum of 8 hours of community service per nine weeks.
- Students are encouraged to be active in their communities for more than the required 32 hours.
- Students may work during the summer to earn their hours for the first two grading periods, but they must complete community service hours the third and fourth grading periods.